Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Gay Marriage

Family photo
So, as you know, a judge overturned Prop. 8.

I don't really know how to approach this, as it is very black and white. I can see where people might get mad, saying this is unconstitutional. I see why people would want to have the right to marry whom ever they choose, and, I somewhat agree, from a political standpoint, that they might have that right.

In this situation, my opinion is that Church and State should stay separated. I know that the church has a very firm standpoint on this, and I totally agree with them from the Religious standpoint. I believe in what "The Family: A Proclamation to the World" states:

"Marriage between a man and a woman is ordained of God and that the Family is central to the Creators plan for the eternal destiny of his children"

I strongly believe that there should be a Mother in the home, as well as a Father. I believe that the Father is responsible for the well being of his family and should be the one supporting his family. I was lucky to have my father and mother together long enough to learn those qualities in which I needed to learn that are so essential for life.

I believe that the Mother should be in the home, caring for and nurturing her children (and no, men, it is not only the womans job to do the house work! We have to step in as well). I believe that a child is better off with a steady home with a Father and a Mother. Both there to instill qualities that are needed for life.

Although I live with my Grandmother, who does a wonderful job of caring for me, I will never forget those long talks and lessons that I learned from my father and the way my mother taught me to be nice and gentle towards others and to take care of myself. I will always remember fixing the car with Dad, and mowing the lawn, and washing the two monsters of dogs that we had.

Therefore, I BELIEVE (notice that this is my opinion, you don't have to believe the same) That a child cannot be educated as well in a home that has two parents of the same gender. I am not saying that they cannot make life semi-normal, but it will never be the same as being raised by a traditional family. I don't care what the argument it, it is a psychological thing. Period. Sorry for my bluntness, but you chose to read this, knowing that this was my blog, therefore my opinion. Feel free to comment :)

So, even though I have ranted, I have a testimony that Families are essential to God's plan for us. I cannot wait to have the opportunity to go to the House of the Lord and be Married and sealed for time and all eternity to a beautiful daughter of God. I am excited to be able to care for Gods children, and to have them entrusted in my care. I just hope that I can do as well as my Dad did, before he was taken from us.

I feel the guiding influence of not only my father who passed away, but my Heavenly Father as well. I know the Lord is with us if we are worthy.

In the Sacred name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

2 comments:

  1. Logan, you are wise beyond your years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so true. Not only is it better for children and such but marriage is, as it was from the beginning, a religious ordinance. I know it has turned into a legal arrangement for many, but it wasn't always so and, in my opinion, should not be now. It's not really an issue of 'marry who you love', I say love who you will, but please, PLEASE respect the things we hold sacred.

    ReplyDelete