Friday, August 6, 2010

The gas station example...

Tonight, I was down at Sunroc Chevron filling up my tank for the trip to Cedar City tomorrow, and while I was doing that, I decided to clean my windows.

When Brandon died, I wrote with window chalk on my back window "#30- We will miss you" and it has been on there since. I was trying to get it off tonight, and I had nothing but the flimsy towels and a squeegee. I was trying as hard as I could, but this window chalk was not coming off. All of the sudden there was a man standing next to me, to be honest, it scared the crap outta me. He just showed up. From what I can tell, he was gassing up too, and saw me struggling.

He came over with a flat razor blade and started scraping the window chalk off my window, and not only did he scrape all of it off, he waited for me to clean the window, so he could get little remaining marks off. I did not know this man, but he was just a bit shorter than me, Latino, and did not speak English. His name was Jose. (At least that is what his mechanics jacket said).

I am grateful for this man's example. And judging by the car he was driving (a rather beat up, old car) he looked like he had been through a lot. But he took time out of his day to help me.

I hope that I can emulate this man's example. We should all be looking for ways to serve, even if they are small and trivial. I felt the Love of our savior tonight, from a man I did not know, at a gas station down town.

And I loved it...


1 comment:

  1. Nice Logan! We all need to remember to be good examples to others in our lives. Thanks for yours!

    ReplyDelete