Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Come on America... "Never Apologize for Being Patriotic"

So, I have to preface this photo. Before you go getting all offended, I like this for the motto, not necessarily for the photo. "Never Apologize For Being Patriotic".

I recently had the opportunity to go to the Toby Keith concert in Salt Lake City, and it was a really fun concert.

Before I get into what I would like to base this post on, I must say how happy I am for the way that I live. I was mixed in a crowd, where there was only one couple I could see that was not smoking, or drinking. I cannot imagine going to something where I paid $30.00 plus for a ticket and then paying to drink myself drunk, so I could not even enjoy it. I am so thankful for the Word of Wisdom, it is totally there to protect us, not to impose on us.

ANYWAY... back to the topic. Being Patriotic.

Now... I believe that I am a rather patriotic guy, I asked for a drivers permit and a flagpole for my 15th birthday, and I fly that flag all the time. I believe in what the flag stands for and I fly it for not only God, who I believe made this country the way it is now, but also for all of the men and woman that have fought, and some paid the ultimate price, so that I can lay my head down at night, and sleep in peace, knowing that I will get up to the same beautiful scene.

I believe that we should have the right to say the Pledge in school. Last year in school, I remember saying the pledge 2 times in the whole year. That will change this year. I will complain until it happens. I don't care if the Pledge offends you, but since you choose to live here, you will tolerate it. Period. Welcome to the U.S.A. If I go to your country, if I don't know your language, I will salute your flag, and proudly listen to you say yours, and I expect the favor to be returned. Am I crazy for saying that???

I hope that we, as a people realize who really is the foundation of this country. God. As I read the Book of Mormon, it depresses me, because I see us, as a people, going through the exact same thing, denying God, committing whoredoms, and all else. I hope that the day of our destruction is a day I don't see.

God is the only person that can pull this country through. I just hope that something happens that makes others know that too. I can see God, in my mind, shedding a tear, because of what some people are doing here on earth.

Just today on KSL, the crosses on the side of the road in the U.S.A that memorialize a fallen officer were ruled unconstitutional. Thats sad. It's a grave marker. It remembers a person, and they have the right to worship a faith. If the family wants a cross as their marker, in my opinion, its a right. What difference is there between the side of the road, and a cemetery? I know the Atheists have a right to worship (or not), but they don't have to try and change laws so that people of other faiths can't worship, or remember loved ones.

I believe also that the Muslims should be able to build a mosque by Ground Zero in New York. Why shouldn't they be able to? Location? Wow people... It was the Taliban that attacked us. They happened to be Muslim. That doesn't mean all Muslims are terrorists, for heck sake.

I hope we get our act together America, our future depends on it.







1 comment: